[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 07:11:21 EST 2004

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH - EN91

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  218    78  Total Score = 21,762

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A weekend of uninspiring propagation, with lots of line noise resulting from a
month's accumulation of road salt on the power lines.  Nice opening to VP9GE,
but there's not much volume in that direction  :-)

I missed the usual mountain top stations of the warm weather months, but I did
work a surprising number of rovers.  I just didn't work them enough times.
Special thanks to K2QO/r, who I worked in the often missed grid of FN01.

Statistical oddity of the weekend:  in over 200 qsos I had not worked a single
EN-92 (50 miles away), then I had ten consecutive qsos there (two 4-banders and
one 2-bander).

73  -  Jim   K8MR