[3830] NA Sprint CW K6LA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 31 20:53:57 EST 2004

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

20 wasn't very good and I stayed too long. 40 was great, but just when I decided
to start to listen to 80 I found it was as if there was no antenna there.

I burned 10 minutes running back and forth to the closet with the antenna
switch, filters and stubs and hooked the 80m antenna directly to the back of the
amp. Still it seemed it was busted. A 10 minute hole in the log.

I tried tuning with the internal antenna tuner and running barefoot and made a
few contacts. All of a sudden, the radio started acting like there was a real
antenna there again. I turned on the amp and the 80 antenna was working again.

Heard but didn't work KY!!! and RI.

73, Ken, K6LA