[3830] IARU VE3JM(@VE3RM) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 12 22:03:00 EDT 2004

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3RM

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: ON

  160:     4     3      4
   80:    68           28
   40:   470    14     46
   20:   597   288     63
   15:   246    58     41
   10:     5     1      6
---------------------------
Total:  1390   364    188  Total Score = 1,301,900

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

A big thanks to Don, VE3RM,  for letting me use his station. It was my first
serious effort in IARU.

Slow start, the rate improved later. The most fun for me was on 40. Europeans
sound much better on a 2 el beam than on a low inverted V at my small city lot.

Even though Don did a lot of work to make SO2R setup working, I was not able to
take full advantage of it. I was thrilled at the beginning that I could use two
radios and was even able to make few contact on the other rig. Later I got tired
and decided to stop listening on the second radio, more practice required for
this. I guess the first thing to work on in order to improve the score would be
to practice with 2R.

Congrats to EJ and DZ for those great scores.