[3830] W8EDU IARU 2004, CW, high power, multi-single

Gary Mikitin af8a at mangobay.com
Sat Jul 17 22:36:07 EDT 2004

W8EDU IARU 2004, CW, high power, multi-single

	CW	CW      PHONE     Total Total
BAND	Qs    Pts     Qs	     	QSOs	Pts   Mults
80	   5	9	   0		   5	9	3
40	 192	592	   0		 192	592	29
20	 173	567	   0		 173	567	35
15	   7	7	   0		   7	7	7

Total: 377	1175               377	1175	74

1175	X	74 =	86950 Pts

HOURS OPERATED  6

Ops AF8A & W8RZ

I started just after 2330Z, did some S&P on 15 and 20, then CQ'd for a long
while on 20m  Dan arrived at about 0230 and started doing the same on 40m.
We kept going until about 0530 and then went QRT so we weren't totally
zonked out for the rest of the weekend.

Condx were reasonable, as was the level of activity.  I enjoy this contest
because you tend to hear a lot of new callsigns.  The familiar calls seemed
to come from the US.  Many of the better knwn EU ops must have been hiding
behind HQ calls.

Omni 6 + Henry 2KD5
40-2CD + 3 el tribander + 80m Inv Vee

73 de Gary, AF8A