[3830] IOTA DL3YBM SO(A)12CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 26 04:19:49 EDT 2004

                    IOTA Contest

Call: DL3YBM
Operator(s): DL3YBM
Station: DL3YBM

Class: SO(A)12CW HP
QTH: Haltern

   80:   91      36       0        0
   40:   81      20       0        0
   20:  115      24       0        0
   15:   13       8       0        0
   10:    0       0       0        0
Total:  300      88       0        0  Total Score = 194,040

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Had no strategy prior to entering the contest other than to have some fun and
test the setup for this year's WAE.
Almost everything I tested did not work! Severe software problems were present
the whole weekend. In the end I threw out the new keyboard (to HF sensitive),
went from assisted to unassisted (QSD from my software when being connected to
telnet) and had to (manually) merge logs for the higher and lower bands.
In addition I felt weak on all bands except 80 (at least the new inverted L
seemed to perform) and got beaten in many pile-ups many times. No runs to speak
of, watery / fluttery signals on the low bands at night.
After realizing that it took 8 hours to work 300 Qs I called it a day and went
playing with the kids.
Good moments were working 2 new ones on 17 / 30 outside the test (hi), getting
through to E21EIC/p first call and the US on 80.