[3830] WPX CW OH6BG SOSB20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 3 15:41:43 EDT 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH6BG
Operator(s): OH6BG
Station: OH6BG

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: Vaasa
Operating Time (hrs): -

   20: 1125
Total: 1125  Prefixes = 561  Total Score = 998,019

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My idea was just to work SOSB20 on Saturday, and see if I could break the
current OH record in the Low Power class. However, I could not make it by 21 UTC
(local midnight). So I then returned next morning at 08 UTC after a good sleep
(see, I had no pressures :)). Finally when I reached the 1,000,000 point mark, I
stopped. However, it happened that one dupe dropped my claimed score just below
one million. But it seems that I broke the OH record; maybe there are other OHs
who did it, too.

Conditions were not particularly amazing. No good runs of W/VEs nor JAs. So I
concentrated on Europe and U* directions. A few Ws were booming here but they
could not hear me, no matter what :) Most memorable Qs were with OX2, EL2 and
HN0. Thanks for all the QSOs!

Station: TR Log, FT-1000 plus three stacked TH7s on a 42 m tower.

73 Jari OH6BG