[3830] All Asian CW 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 20 21:22:56 EDT 2004

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2/G4ZFE
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:

   15: 1258    75
Total: 1258    75  Total Score = 218,700

Club: CDXC

Comments:

Station: IC 756 Pro and IC-PW1 amplifier
Antenna: Force 12 C3-S at 12m

Looking at the SFI numbers and forecast on Friday I was looking forward to this
contest. I choose 15m single band as the band had been in such good shape last
weekend (ANARTS RTTY). Another mistake, 20m was the band to be on and even 10m
opened to Europe.

Condx to the US from here were not good but 63 NA stations were worked. The
limiting factor in reception during the day was the high solar noise on the band
after 10:00 local.

4L8A had a huge signal here on 15m all day long :-)

Highest number of QSOs were from JA (327) and second highest DL (123). The high
level of contest activity from DL is much appreciated!

Despite the above, activity did seem a little low and I bailed out before the
end of the contest (which finishes 08:00 Monday local time here) and was only on
for 50% of the contest. A 24H or 36H contest period would be appreciated!

Thank you for all the QSOs. The next contest from here is IARU mixed-mode (I
must find my microphone first :-)

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE