[3830] Cabrillo in All Asian Contest

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 10:27:16 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/23/04 7:15:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time, Pat Brkey
N9RV writes:
Out of town most of the weekend for a ham wedding (W8LVN).
Got a little time in Saturday morning and 20 sounded good.
Boy, that AA DX submittal form is a pain!  Wish they would
adopt Cabrillo.

Pat.....Had the same problem the past 2 yrs, but finally queried the AA
contest committee a few days ago re acceptance of Cabrillo and got this (partial)
response from JR1UTH (oper at jarl.or.jp)

"Regarding the reception format of e-mail logs, we need JARL Format or
a Cabrillo Format in order to reply an automatically analyzed result."

I sent my Cabrillo log  in and it was accepted with no problem per the auto
reply back to me. Apparently they have software that does a Cabrillo to JARL
Format conversion.

73, Bob K8IA