[3830] ARRL FD WD9EWK 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 29 14:25:32 EDT 2004

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: WD9EWK
Operator(s): WD9EWK
Station: WD9EWK

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: Flagstaff AZ

   40:          22
   20:          17
   15:          36
   10:           6
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0      81      0  Total Score = 855

Another fun day-trip to northern Arizona for Field Day.  My station was an
IC-703 at 5 watts, a 40m dipole up about 12 feet between a couple of trees, plus
a laptop and KAM XL TNC to copy the W1AW Field Day message.  Good conditions on
15m right up to sunset on Saturday night (0300 UTC Sunday), 6 more 10m QSOs this
year compared to last year, :-) and much cooler WX than back home in Phoenix.

Claimed score includes 450 bonus points: 100 for public location (Fort Tuthill
Park in Flagstaff AZ), 100 for 100% emergency power (4 12V/20Ah gel-cells to run
the radio and laptop/TNC), 100 for copying the W1AW message, 100 for a
non-traditional mode demo available at my station (ATV), plus 50 for submitting
my summary to the ARRL web site.  I didn't see anything on the ARRL web site or
in their Field Day rules/forms package about this small bonus - no complaints,
I'll take another 50 points.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/