[3830] ARRLDX CW C6ALK(K7RE) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 1 17:34:43 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: C6ALK
Operator(s): K7RE
Station: C6ALK

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Bahamas

Total:  858    57  Total Score = 146,718

New QTH this year for our group including C6AKQ
 (N4BP) SB 80,  C6APG (K4PG) SB 10, and myself C6ALK
  (K7RE).  With our dipoles at well over 100 feet,
  and close to the beach, we were able to work a lot
  more western US and Canada then we could on previous
  visits. If our score holds, looks like we also
  exceeeded the SB 80 and SB 160 records for this event.
  Looks as if all of our hard planning was worthwhile.
  I can't say enough about the DSP in my K-2-100.
  It really helped  with noise reduction, almost like magic.
  This DSP worked much better than any others that I have
  ever tried. Rig: Elecraft K-2-100 and Ameritron ALS-500M
  at 250W, the legal limit from C6A. The combination of this
  AMP as well as the MFJ 4245mv and SEC 1223 switching power
  supplies, made a really light and compact station for
  this little expedition.