[3830] ARRLDX CW N1IW SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 2 16:28:02 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1IW
Operator(s): N1IW
Station: N1IW

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Derry, NH

  160:    0     0
Total:  195   107  Total Score = 62,595

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another part time effort from the home QTH to contribute to the club score. Have
been making improvements to the antenna farm with a SteppIR 3 ele now up at 90
feet plus several high up, low band dipoles. Nothing yet on 160, but that is
coming up this year...

Opened the contest at Brian's (N1IK), helping him work on his S&P technique with
high speed CW. I guess the coaching and mild threats worked as he exceeded my
expectations by racking up over 400 Qs! Good job Brian. Main time operating was
done at K0TV with my first shift opening 15M on Saturday morning, opposite Mike,
K1TWF, on the 20M/10M radio. What a blast maintaining a 100+ hourly rate for
several hours. Mike and I had a little competition going as we leap-frogged each
other in the mult counts on 15 and 20 as the morning wore on. And what is up
with these piss-weak, persistant QRP Britts with no dup sheets? I worked more
QRP stations in this contest than any other I remember. Thanks Jerry for the
opportunity to play at your fine station again this year. Next year, I am going
to likely again operate from K0TV's but will set serious goals for my SOHP
effort from home. Best wishes to all and KB!