[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1EQ SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 16:00:22 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1EQ
Operator(s): W1EQ
Station: W1EQ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Connecticut
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
Total:  875   294  Total Score = 770,868

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  FT1000MP, Ameritron AL-811H running 500-600 watts.
Antenna:  ATB34 at 45 feet, Inverted Vee for 80 and Alpha Delta DX for 40.

I decided to go high power assisted Sat. morning, when the going was just too
slow and I started thinking of giving up on the contest. Low power SSB
contesting can be very slow as compared to low power CW.

Anyway, had a good time working with a couple of telnet sites and the 500-600
watts helped to get me through. Finding a spot to run was not easy, so most of
the time was spent working the spots.

Bob, W1EQ