[3830] ARRLDX SSB VA7IRL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 22:00:13 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7IRL
Operator(s): VA7IRL
Station: VA7IRL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Richmond, BC

   40:   5      5
   20:   1      1
   15:  30     10
Total:  36     16  Total Score = 1,728

First contest from my home QTH (Kenwood TS-940S/AT into R7 vertical) and had a
lot of fun. Limited availablilty during daylight hours hampered my score as the
R7 doesn't really have the bandwidth to work split on 40 and I don't have a wire
for 80 (yet!). Still, 20 and particularly 15 were a blast, with Japan,
Australia, the Carribean and Latin America plenty loud. Heard lots of other
stuff I just couldn't reach with my setup, including several European stations
S9.

A modest effort, but a good shakedown of my fledgling station - got SBDVP and
VOX sorted out during the test, along with some great DX, so a great weekend,
all in all.