[3830] ARRLDX SSB LA9HW(@LA8W) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 9 05:07:03 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: LA9HW
Operator(s): LA9HW
Station: LA8W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA8W

  160:    0     0
   20: 1225    61
   15: 1027    59
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2603   193  Total Score = 1,507,137

Great contest! My first SOAB 48 hours in several years. Usually operates MS from
LA8W. We are still working on the new QTH at LA8W, and it seems like we are on
the right tracks..... Low bands were pretty bad, but 20 and 15 was amasing!
Anyhow, strange to work 1000+ QSOs on 15 whilst not even a weak signal on 10. I
guess that is part of the deal being located well inside the Auroral Zone. We
need a separate class: propagation challenged operators. Looking forward to see
you all in CQ WPX SSB, were we will operate MS as LN8W.