[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4WS(@KG4NEP) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 9 05:29:21 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4WS
Operator(s): KG4NEP, KG4ECI, N0KTY, W2DZO
Station: KG4NEP

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC

Total:  942   356  Total Score = 1,004,988

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Didnt have a full time crew for this one- Lost our 15M top yagi during 60MPH
wind gusts at 5AM-, same storm, caused 40M yagi to twist an element, picking up
the 80M cantenary rope, causing the rotor to stop turning- We could hear Murphy
sitting in the shack laughing.
(see pix, http://summitschool.com/faculty/w4ws.html)-
Had great fun on the low bands, especially 160, where we had no amp.

Look for KG4NEP to be SO from here for WPX SSB-
see you at Dayton, thanks to everyone for their participation in the NC QSO
Party-
73,
Henry, W2DZO
Winston-Salem, NC