[3830] ARRLDX SSB W5GN SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 9 12:10:37 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5GN
Operator(s): W5GN
Station: W5GN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TX

Total:  723   286  Total Score = 620,334

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

SOAB(A) SO - Spots Only.

Only a part time op, in six chunks of time, was able to maintain about 50/hr
rate, working only spots.  Coming to a new band, the upper half of the spots
were 80% there, the older spots were about 50% there; about 10% had the wrong
callsign, manys of which appeared to be intentionally wrong, with the same
wrong callsign repeatedly posted across the contest.

Only twice did I completely clear all spots on 40-10, so I resorted to S&P,
but only at about 30/hr, finding a few new ones, but wasting lots of time
finding already-worked stations.

Barry, W5GN
stations.