[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5NA M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 9 20:39:10 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA,K5DU,KI5DR,N3BB,N5ZC,WM5R
Station: K5NA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: TX

   20:  577   109
   15: 1052   123
Total: 2402   480  Total Score = 3,371,040

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We tried a M/2 this year after a pretty successful M/S last year. However, we
really missed having a good 10 meters this year and had trouble keeping the
second station very busy.

This year the effort actually ended up with fewer mults than last year's M/S but
with more QSOs. That was mainly due to being down about 50 mults on 10M. The
operating crew did a good job while I tried to stay out of their way most of the
time. My own SSB abilities are pretty low-grade.

But everyone had fun doing the contest and I think the operating crew did pretty
well from down here on the Texas prairie.

73, Richard