[3830] ARRLDX SSB ES5RW(@ES5TV) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Mar 13 01:31:19 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5RW
Operator(s): ES5RW
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:    2     2
   20: 1221    62
   15:  902    54
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2530   184  Total Score = 1,396,560

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

First of all, my appreciation goes to Tonno, ES5TV, for his great contest
setup:

Ant:
160 - wire vertical
80 - 4 square
40 - 3 over 3
10,15,20 - 4 stacked tribanders, 10/15/20 2el Quad
200m beverage

RX/TX 2xFT1KMP, Emtron DX2-SP, ACOM 2000A

Had a chance to taste a bit of SO2R, though didn´t gain much from 2nd radio:
either had worked mults already (15/20m) or there was no activity (10m, 80m LP).
Tested my new amp from Emtron and was not disappointed - nice clean signal and
lots of power. Great workup, Rudy! BTW, I was considering Alpha 99 very
seriously. The stack played really well on 15/20 mtrs - bandwith covers whole
continent and I wasn't forced to leave xmit freq at any time. However, being
sandwitched between 59+++ callers, I wished my Oriuon would have been arrived...
15m was fine with 200+ q rates, but only for 2 hours on Saturday, cannot
complain on 20m either. 20m SOSB would have been a reasonable alternative.
Hopefully I'll be able to obtain my Orion "driving license" by WPX, cu there!

Tnx to all callers!

73 de Rein, ES5RW