[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1DS SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 16 18:21:44 EST 2004

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1DS
Operator(s): N1DS
Station: N1DS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Home/CBA
Operating Time (hrs): 25 est

  160:    7     6
Total:  310   167  Total Score = 155,310

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2004
      Call:      N1DS
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     Low Power
      Band:      All Band
      Mode:      SSB
      Section:   MA
      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES
      160        7       21   3.0        6
       80       23       69   3.0       19
       40       69      207   3.0       40
       20      106      318   3.0       49
       15       87      261   3.0       42
       10       18       54   3.0       11
     --------------------------------------
     Totals    310      930   3.0      167  =   155,310 +/-

Equipment Description:
   Yaesu FT-990
   Low and improvised Ant Farm:
   Hustler 5BTV Vertical
   40 m Delta Loop vert polarization Loads well on all bands; best 15 m ant to
JA in every test; must have side lobes close to baseline direction ? fdbk?Aim
about 45 degrees
   80 m sloper 2 radials
  160 m Inv el (4 - 125 ft #14 insulated radials on grd mostly)EL rises at  45
    deg fronm Hustler Vert feedpoint shared w/ sloper also    to 40 ft and ends
at 25 feet elev.
  yagi 45 deg fixed; Moseley TA-33 JR Warc Elev about 88 feet above sea level
  Tried R-7 (Feedpoint 14 feet elev)Also from time to time but seldom exceeded
loop or yagi; may have lossy coax not as hot as on diff cable and closer to
shack
  QTH 1/2 mi from ocean.
  Also

Club Affiliation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Did not get CTRY update so VQ5 on 5 bands may neutralize
dupes and errors, I hope.

Got to take up yoga or other discipline and activity so easier to sleep; I find
contests excite me to the point I lose sleep before test instead of banking
sleep, and typically start out sleep deprived. Missed best hours sun am as could
not wake up or XYL killed alarm. Anybody using toe-buzzer alarm?

Happy Contesting;  Tho in principle wires and tower give most bang for the buck.
I'll' soon receive an Orion for sparing of ears, hotter rx and  and hopefully
give somewhat better results until Better antenna configurations are set up.
Also expect learning new toy wil be a challenge, but let me be more effective
once in tune with it!
73 All,
Dennis Scolamiero,
N1DS