[3830] Rus DX DF0RI M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 22 01:22:49 EST 2004

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: DF0RI
Operator(s): DL8OBQ, DJ2QV, DK3DM
Station: DF0RI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Warstein

  160:  146  36+32
   80:  473  52+50
   40:  549  54+51
   20:  804  72+57
   15:  263  53+48
   10:   24   7+20
-------------------
Total: 2259    532  Total Score = 8,328,992

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Hello to all !

first of all: WE HAD FUN !

We realy wanted to be qrv in RDXC 2004 because it was always fun in the past
years. But our antenna situation was very bad. We had only one antenna up
on the tower 2 weeks before the RDXC. So we had to do a lot of antenna work
to get back into business. Thanks to Uli, DL8OBQ we got antennas finished
right
in time. He did most of the antenna work.
We had a big storm going on this weekend (speed up to 130 km/h)and our
contest QTH is on a hilltop and our contest shack is an old caravan !
have a lock to it on: www.qsl.net/df0ri
So we had "extra local QRM" in our shack. the wind was blowing so strong
that we sometimes feeled like beeing on a sealing boat in the caravan :-)
it was hard to concentrade on the low signals with the biiiig storm sound
around
us but I think we got used to it ...
We often watched out of the window very angry to our antennas. specialy the
26 m free standing titanex vertical antenna looked funny in this high winds !
1/3 of the vertical was horizontal this time ! But luckily all of the antennas
survived the "wind check" and so we could do our best in the contest.
Operating the contest went pretty easy and we all enjoyed the nice qso rates
at the run station. we were amazed about how many UA9/0 stations we worked. Not
to speak about the never ending amound of EU russian stations. GREAT activity
!
We had some nice moments on 160m while calling cq there. Some US/VE stations
called in and also 9K9X called us. That was fun. Thanks guys !
This year 10m was nearly useless for us but 20m was just great.
I think a good time was had by all who operated in this nice contest and we
say
many thanks to all who worked us ! it seems there are some big scores around
this year and some new records.
Thanks to Maik, DJ2QV for coming over here and operate with us.
73 to all and see you all again very soon in the next one !
Thanks to the organizers for there great work.

for the crew

Bud, DK3DM

Equipment:

RUN: TS 850 SAT + Alpha 77Dx
     JP-triband beam up 18m for 20/15/10

MULT:TS 850 SAT + ACOM 2000A
     FB 33 up 17m for 20/15/10

both : Titanex vertical + dipoles for 160/80/40