[3830] WPX SSB WX3B M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 28 19:21:18 EST 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, W2DZO, W4MSG, K1RH, N3YIM, W3ARS, N3FX, N3SB
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1488

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A Great team effort and personal best for Team WX3B - over twice our top score
in WPX.

Of course everything is relative - really great single op effort by Ken, K4ZW -
congratulations to WR3Z (at N3OC), and fantastic scores by K4JA and NQ4I.

A special welcome and thank you to PVRC NC's finest - Henry, W2DZO and Gene,
WB4MSG.  These two set the pace at WX3B and were left for hours, unattended to
fend for themselves - after driving all the way up from North Carolina.  Stay
tuned for the full story.

Rob, K1RH got the boredom award for CQing in the daylight hours non-stop on
40m.

Joe, N3YIM had a good time pouncing...and running...20m

Tony, N3FX had so much fun he worked the contest Friday night, Saturday and
Sunday for periods of time.  I think Tony's going to be doing some 48 hour
events coming up - for all 48 hours.

Clint, W3ARS helped out the graveyard shift on 75m.

Steve, N3SB was our clean-up batter for the last part of Sunday.

Really amazing how much fun you can have with a relatively simple station.

Let's do it again...for CW!

73,

Jim Nitzberg  WX3B