[3830] WPX SSB KC3R(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 29 22:17:11 EST 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KC3R
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WPA

   20: 1407

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Before the contest I wasn't sure which is best - concentrate on Europe or run
US. Well, now I know - run 'em both. Plus, get as many JA's as you can. Speaking
of JA's, they were extinct here. Barely got 20 of them on Friday evening and
then another 5-6 on Saturday and Sunday.
40 turned out to be the major disappointment for me, since I was really counting
on those 6 pointers. However, except the usual 59 +20 db gang and a few brave
waterly weak souls no one else made it into the log. With things going so bad
with Europe on 40 I should have paid more attention to US but I haven't learned
that yet. Guess, it's going to take a few more SS/NAQPs to figure this component
out.
Had a lot of funny and some not so funny moments but an Italian guy took the
cake on Sunday afternoon. After almost knocking me out of the chair with his
signal, he told me that I was "ILLEGALLY LOUD" on his side !!!

Once again, my sincere thanks to WA3FET for letting me use his station and the
beautifuly sounding call. And NO, I'm NOT "Zulu Charlie 3 Radio" nor I know
where the heck ZC3 is. My DXing days are over !

CU in the better part of CQ WPX !

73 Alex

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    SA       0      6      3     17     30     27      83     3.3
    NA       2    145     74    434    252     11     918    36.2
    AS       0      1      4     44     32      0      81     3.2
    OC       0      0      0     15      6      0      21     0.8
    EU       0    122    107    886    289      0    1404    55.3
    AF       0      3      3      9      9      2      26     1.0