[3830] WPX CW K5AF SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 31 08:30:06 EDT 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX

Very casual effort.  Came home from a music job at 0100L and was amazed to hear
20M open to the world.  Conditions were pretty grim, though, at times I felt
like I was running QRP!  Several European stations would call CQ in my face with
decent signals and I couldn't raise them.  Other times, I'd call a puny-weak
station and get a response on the first call.

There should be some kind of incentive to operate all the bands, like getting
multipliers per band in the same way as CQWW.  That might encourage more
activity on the marginal bands.

73,  Paul K5AF