[3830] WPX CW OH0B(OH2UA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 31 13:52:33 EDT 2004

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH0B
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH0B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brando

   20: 1501

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Before the contest propagation was so goog that even we here up north looked
foward for high qso rates and nice high band conditions. And what we got? Our
regular quest, ms Aurora. On 15 mtrs I worked 80 JA´s on friday as late as 14UTC
in less than hour and during 36 hours of contest I got 16 JA´s. Why I feel it´s
allways the same?

I think that it was the hardest contest for me ever so far. For the 1st time I
was about to quit after 14 hours of operating when I lost my amplifier.
Fortunately it was SO2R operation so I still had the 2nd line running and I made
desission to operate at least two more hours to see how am I doing. During the
weekend I felt that all the others were doing better than I. And those who had
small numbers were just having nice weekend with their families, eating well,
taking a shower if they wanted to and having some Q´s in between of regular
life.

And what I was doing? Trying to have more and more Q´s, feeling tired and hungry
in small radio cottage on the island and fighing against sleep depression.
There´s a couple of good things at OH0. 1st one is of course the DXCC status and
2nd thing is that you are on the island and you need a ferry to get out of
there.

There were some key factors that kept me on the air for 36 hours. I knew how
disapointed I would be if I won´t operate for the full time and run for as high
score as possible. I also knew that Steve, K6AW, was running as OH9A and we had
a good horse race. And maybe the biggest reason to stay on the chair was a
feeling of beeing the lucky one because of the possibility to operate from
Brando station.

Thank´s once again to the OH0B/R team (OH2BH, OH2BYS, OH2MM, OH2PM and OH2TA)
for giving me an opportunity to race from OH0 and espesially to Pertti, OH2PM,
for letting me to use his gear and spending two days for building up the station
for me.

See ya in the pileups!

73 de Toni, OH2UA