[3830] CQWW SSB K2UOP SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 00:17:13 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2UOP
Operator(s): K2UOP
Station: K2UOP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV

  160:    9     5        5
   80:   37     9       25
   40:  106    13       46
   20:  261    27       91
   15:  303    26       93
   10:  356    23       95

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Fantastic band conditions and I was really having fun until 4PM local on
Saturday when there was a load "BANG" beside me and a disturbing smell
permiating the shack.  The amp was still running as I worked the station I was
stalking in a pile up but then I realized the blower in the amp was not
"wooshing" like it does.  Can't run the amp with out the blower, so scratch the
amp for the rest of the contest.  Sure is a humbling experience working barefoot
and trying to bust pileups.  Still did pretty good as I ended up with a personal
best score for this contest.  Now to get the amp fixed before the next contest.