[3830] CQWW SSB VE7GL M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 02:32:04 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7GL
Operator(s): VA7RR VE7GL VA7OO VA7AO VA7AJJ
Station: VE7GL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Chilliwack

  160:  115     7        6
   80:  424    22       42
   40:  465    26       74
   20:  818    37      126
   15: 1352    36      106
   10:  438    26       59

Murphy's hammer struck several times starting with a massive windstorm that took
out an HF Quad used primarily for spotting and as a 3rd for the stacks. Then the
rotator used by the upper HF stacks and the 40M yagi blew its motor and the
brake and spent the night spinning in the wind.  The next day we had to rope the
yagis up and rotate them by hand and take down an 80M EDZ to facilitate doing it
- plus fix the Quad which fortunatly is on a crank up tower. Then the feedline
fell off the 80/160M GP antenna located up the side of a pine tree and Rade
VA7OO had to climb the thing at 2AM in this wind to reattach it.  To top this
all off the spotter radio blew its physical dial and we could only tune using a
hand mike with an up and down button. Yeesh.

Dale  VE7GL