[3830] CQWW SSB ZL1V(ZL1CT) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 02:53:43 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL1V
Operator(s): ZL1CT
Station: ZL1V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wairarapa, NZ

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   18    15       15
   40:  221    27       55
   20:  605    32       97
   15:  321    32       84
   10:  626    20       41

My first experience of CQ WW from this part of the world - operating from the
former ZM2K site in the SE of the North Island of NZ. Got off to a flying start
with 200 Qs on 10m in the first hour but things fizzled a bit after that.
Incredible blast of solar noise about 6 hours into the contest. Only able to
operate for 29 hours which was a disappointment because of the good conditions.
Found it fairly easy to crack pile-ups with my modest vertical antennas. Even
after only 29 hours I noticed the 'CQ WW SSB' effect - when you take off the
headset and speak, your voice sounds like it's had some 'phasing' added to it,
hi ! Thanks to everyone who worked ZL1V and please visit
www.qsl.net/zl1v/zl6qh.htm  to see some photos. 73 Chris ZL1CT (GM3WOJ)

SO1R   FT-1000MP + Alpha91B + useless low 80m inverted-vee, 40,20,15 verticals
with elevated radials, low 4ele 10m yagi