[3830] CQWW SSB W4ZW SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 08:16:56 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: FL

   20:   48    21       37
   15:   72    19       39
   10:  230    20       58

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

SOAPBOX:  I knew it was going to good when I finished calibrating the SteppIR 30
minutes before the start, called a quick test on 10M with about 40 watts and was
immediately called by a JA saying I was S9.  Switched on the amp, and I was 30
over.  Called by a LP VK who said I was 9+30, after a chat with him, a quick
call from ZK1 saying I was 30 over.  But, alas, my wife had volunteered us as
chaperones for our high school dance and I had to leave superb 10M conditions.
Basketball games on Saturday, church youth group on Sunday, so very part time
effort.  I have decided that being the parent of teenagers and trying to be a
contester are mutually exclusive.

10 meters was wide open here with the EU's 50dB deep every time I could snatch a
few minutes to get on. (Wish they would use full call signs!) Hope it lasts thru
CQWW CW and our 10M Contest!  Should be some huge scores for this one.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"