[3830] CQWW SSB PJ2T M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 09:12:47 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W1MD, K1XX, K2PLF, K2SS, N4GG, N4RV, W0CG, PJ2GT
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Curacao

  160:   160    10       30
   80:   414    21       76
   40:  1230    29      105
   20:  2813    40      144
   15:  3244    35      128
   10:  3604    34      131
-------------------------------

Club: Caribbean Contesting Consortium

Comments:

We're roadkill, run over by the VP2E semi, left in the road a pile of twisted
antennas, bruised coax, and dismembered body parts. Congrats to the VP2E crew
for an INCREDIBLE effort, setting a new standard for M/2 that may never be
matched. Well done, guys!! Excuses: the planets didn't align in Curacao this
weekend. Our usual opening hour of about 750 Qs was only about 200 --
propogation to nowhere -- the bands seemed almost dead, and that recurred
several times in the 48 hours. We had thunder, lightning, and heavy rain almost
all weekend, very uncharacteristic for the ABC islands, with huge low band QRN
and rain static. Lost the 15 Europe yagi Saturday morning, requiring W0CG to go
to the top of the Europe tower in the rainshowers. An easy fix, but we lost
significant time. It was just one of those "days" when nothing seemed to go
right. WAY TO GO VP2E!!!