[3830] CQWW SSB F6IRF SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 1 14:44:06 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: JN35

  160:    4     2        4
   80:   47     5       26
   40:   86    16       55
   20:   86    18       58
   15:  133    26       83
   10:  244    35      128
------------------------------
Total:  600   102      354  Total Score = 591,888

Club: CDXC

Comments:

IC756proII + homebrew 4CX250 PA
Optibeam OB6-3M (2el/bd) @12m (40feet) //  inv-V dipoles @18m (60feet)
Software: N1MM Logger V4.0.154 - SO1R

Do not usualy do much of SSB; the mode comes last in my personal traffic
preferences and I was not initially planning to do more than a dozen QSO's...
For me with the exception of 10m, the HF bands are just to narrow to accomodate
so many stations, and pushing the others to win a CQ frequency just too far away
from my vision of what should be a "civilized hobby".
Anyway this was my 25th contest this year and I wouldn't have bet a penny on
such high-bands conditions... Most of the year earlier contests had been at
least 10m-light when not completly 10m-free. So a kind of malediction that it
just happened during a SSB contest...
Anyway, everybody, including me, was there to say "adios" to the cycle23 and it
has been fun to meet so many "other modes" friends !
See you soon in a real one ;-)  Patrick