[3830] CQWW SSB W6UE M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 2 01:35:27 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6UE
Operator(s): KC0MZL, N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

   80:    3     2        1
   40:   30    10       20
   20:  104    27       55
   15:   75    24       42
   10:   62    17       40

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Andy, KC0MZL, and I were the only operators to show up for the weekend fun.
Conditions were good enough to make things enjoyable.  It's always a pleasure to
hear 10 meters jumping with activity.
Being a junior at Caltech Andy doesn't have much free time so I was delighted he
could get on the air during this CQWW.  Sunday morning, the only time we
coincided in the shack, I made up lists of multipliers to work as Andy vacuumed
the band.  He got a pleasant surprise after working one station when 5H3 called
him on the other station's frequency.  It has to be similar to one of those
moments we have all experienced that convinced us radio contesting is a pretty
cool activity!
Many thanks to all those intrepid traveling contesters who provided so many
exotic callsigns to vie for.

73, David  N6AN