[3830] CQWW SSB EA5ON SOSB/15 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 2 03:49:14 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA5ON
Operator(s): EA5ON
Station: EA5ON

Class: SOSB/15 QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  182    17       61

Due to a back problem I was not able to accept the invitation to operate from
EA5KB. For the same reason I was not able to operate from home in anything that
required sitting at the operating position for any length of time. I
inadvertently lent the mic for my IC765 to EA5KY, without realising I had no
backup. So in came the 706 from the car, but without an amplifier buffer, so...
I decided, just for fun, to enter QRP. And was if fun? You bet! A bit
frustrating at times, but having been on the QRO side of the fence, I know how
stations sometimes just come up momentaneously out of the noise, so with a bit
of perseverence, you can get a long way on 5w. Thanks to all of you big guns who
took the time and effort to pull me out of the noise.