[3830] CQWW SSB I0/N6CY SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 3 11:41:53 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: I0/N6CY
Operator(s): N6CY
Station: I0/N6CY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Gaeta IT

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   29     4       16
   40:   25     7       19
   20:  248    16       62
   15:  293    20       54
   10:  338    23       48

S&P radio failed early, leaving me SO1R. High bands good but propagation
distance short from here. The tribander is 1.5 meters above the roof here in
mountainous Italy. Low bands--couldn't break through the 80/40 EU environment
with my G5RV. 20m went dead and intermittent Saturday evening. Where were the VK
and ZL crowd? And yet after all this, still had fun, particularly when a couple
of YI's called my on the run freq 10 meters. Hope to be back next year.