[3830] SS CW VE1RGB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 10:16:48 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Halifax, NS

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Highlight of the contest:  Tripping over VY1JA and, while I was trying to
mentally sort out the mess on and around his frequency, hearing him ask:  "Is
there a VE1 on frequency?".  Naturally, I modestly offered him my call sign for
consideration. [This, in some circles, is known as the Elecraft K2 mojo.] That,
and coming across KL7J, in the clear, within the first five minutes of the
contest.  Alas, the clean sweep eluded me -- never heard PAC.  Still, I'm quite
a happy camper.  Great practice fo CQWW.

Rig:  K2/100 plus 160, 80 and multi-band dipoles.

73 all,