[3830] SS CW K6TA(N6BV) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 12:18:02 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6TA
Operator(s): N6BV
Station: K6TA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The propagation conditions were pretty challenging, particularly the strong
aurora in the last three or four hours in the contest. On the plus side,
sunspots were higher than expected, meaning that 10 and 15 meters were pretty
good -- that is, when solar flares weren't erupting.

We had a frantic couple of hours just before the contest when the Alpha 87
decided to blow up. Ken, K6TA, resurrected an old Heath SB-220 and installed it
in time for the start. Let's hear it for 30-year-old technology!

Thanks to Ken, K6TA, and Kay, K6NO, for their outstanding hospitality for the
fourth year in a row of my operating from their fantastic location for SS CW.