[3830] SS CW N7IR Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 16:09:36 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AZ

Club: Central AZ DX Assn

Comments:

Interesting conditions as they decayed.  Should have gone for the straight 24
hours on time but I was too tired and had to sleep a while.  So I got to operate
40 meters with the wild auroral signals at the end of the contest.  Interesting
to see the effect of working a U or M class station on the run rate.  That got
the last 10 rate in CT above 75 a couple of times during the final half hour on
40 meters.  Unfortunately the run got cut short by S9 precipitation static.
Apologies to the K6 station that got left hanging, just couldn't hear a thing
after 0226Z.

Fun contest as always.

EQ:
Two Elecraft K2 transceivers, one with KRC2 relay controller
486-120 running CT 9.74
Top Ten Devices SO2R interface
Antennas:
Radio 1:
  20/15/10 meters: Force 12 5BA at 60'
  40 meters:       Force 12 EF240/230 at 71'
Radio 2:
  20/15/10 meters: Force 12 C3S at 40'
  80 meters:  Delta loop, apex at 60'

73