[3830] SS CW N2NT(N2NC) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 17:50:09 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NC
Station: N2NT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NNJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Got off to a shakey start and never quite recovered from it.  I'll consider this
one a learning experience.  I seem to have had a bunch of those over the
years.

Congrats to K5ZD and K1KI for big scores from the Northeast.  I think Randy's
score represents a near perfect SS from these parts.

Decided I wanted to get done early this year and get to bed at a reasonable
hour, so I finished at 0130Z.  Intense Au was interesting towards the end.  I
wonder if the short skip at the end was due to auroral E propogation.  At the
end of the contest, there were some pretty strong signals form 8-land on 20 and
15 without the raspy aurora sound.  According to dxlc.com, the planetary A index
was maxed out at 400 from 23Z until 02Z.  It's amazing we could work anything.

As always, thanks to N2NT for the use of the station.

- John N2NC