[3830] SS CW WQ5L Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 8 19:12:19 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 8:15

150W, 80m dipole @30', R7 vertical

Limited time. Missed AK, NT, PAC, PR. Somehow never ran across WP3R.

80 meters sure was hot. Usually a lot of people can't hear me, and I have S7-ish
line noise that limits who I can hear, but even some far west QRP stations
easily made it.

Gave up on sweep hopes when the northern tier signals started falling into the
aurora Sunday mid-afternoon. Got back on in the last hour to find nearly every
signal, even W4s and W5s, with the auroral warble. Went outside to look for
visible aurora (very very rare here at 30N), but no such luck. 73,

-- Ray WQ5L