[3830] SS CW K9MMS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 9 00:00:09 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Sweep all via S&P -- the old fashioned way -- tuning, no packet.

I was very surprised to find VY1JA on 80 meters Saturday night.  Fortunately, I
found him in the clear and worked him right away.  Jay's CQs were going mostly
unaswered, so he did not stay long on 80.

The last 5 sections worked were WY, DE, SNJ, PAC, and WTX.  Found KH6NF and KH7X
Sunday evening.  KH7X gave out S/N 027 when I first heard him.  What a battle
working PAC through hugh pile ups with LP!  I guess almost everyone needed PAC
late in the contest.

Not finding SNJ and WTX until almost the very end was surprising and
frustrating.

Did not try CQs until after getting the sweep.  Only 10 QSOs via CQs -- late in
the contest.  Could not get any CQ runs going Sunday evening, so quit early.
Monday AM, was told about the "Aurora" -- no wonder!  Glad I stayed up late on
Saturday night.  :)

73,
   Gary