[3830] SS CW K0DI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 9 20:40:56 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0DI
Operator(s): K0DI
Station: K0DI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NE

Club: Lincoln Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

This was a unique and exciting SS.  On Sunday afternoon, after nearly 20 hours
of SS operation the 'remaining mults' read "Ne Nwt"; Ne usually isn't that rare
recently, but suddenly I pickup my own section and then and on a whim I popped
up to 15 and tuned across the band to find VY1JA calling CQ all alone(!)
What?!? - this never happens to me.  In a half-stunned and half-amazed state, I
managed to copy J's report and it was over! All sections (including -I lost
count of- Maritimes).  I'll say, its hard to beat the feeling of operating SS
with a clean sweep and almost all of the off time behind you.  Uh, then only to
encounter the "Maybe I shoulda stayed on the radio earlier in the day" feeling
when everything turned watery.  About this point I was saying to myself
Puhleeez... let there be someone to work on 40 meters tonight.  To my amazement
yet again,  the last couple of hours turned out to be OK - even a few good runs
at times.  That was special, I owe a big 'Thank you' to those who stuck it out
at the end.

Thanks for the Q's
73,
Dave, K0DI