[3830] SS CW K0AD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 10 22:24:56 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0AD
Operator(s): K0AD
Station: K0AD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Missed NT

Butt In Chair:  24 hours

Comments:

Up until about 5:00 PM Sunday, it was a fairly routine SS.  It appeared
that I would be eating dinner around 6:00 PM Sunday with 1000 Qs in the bag and
plenty of time left to blast through 1100 for a new personnel best.   Then
someone shut off the bands.  I was too stubborn to throw in the towel so I just
kept jumping between 15 and 20 looking for ANY kind of a signal. Was able to
squeeze out a Q about every 5 minutes of so.   Of course 40 and 80 were cIosed
so I reverted to just Auto CQing on 14030 and just took them as they came.  I
had about 960 Qs when the bands went out and somehow managed to eek over the
1000 mark.

On the positive side, the bands were great on Saturday might.  I found I was
able to maintain better rates on 80 than on 40 which was a first for me.

73,

AL, K0AD