[3830] WAE RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 15 00:23:00 EST 2004

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   80:    9    9     0    24
   40:   58   58     0    36
   20:  162  221    59    62
   15:   76  134    58    70
   10:    6    6     0     6
------------------------------
Total:  311  428   117   198  Total Score = 84,744

Friday evening opened with a radio blackout that persisted till Saturday
morning. Even when things did open up a bit, contacts were hard work throughout
the weekend. Lots of noise on all bands, with 20M particularly rough.

Managed only 7 Qs on 40M and 2 on 80M through Friday night, quitting early
(0500z or so). Up for the EU opening on 20M Saturday morning, but though there
were quite a few signals to be heard, only a few were workable.

Special thanks to the W9/ZS4 who clobbered me on 40M Saturday night on top of my
QSO with K8KWT. I managed to get the info through, then did a courteous QSY (in
case he just didn't know I was already on the freq) and continued to call CQ. He
then came down and called all over me yet again. Great op there, just needs a
receiver and he's got a complete station.

Conditions certainly didn't favor QTC traffic. That did improve somewhat on
Sunday afternoon. Sunday saw 10M in its curious spotlight mode mostly to PY then
LU from here. 15m opened to JA mid-afternoon and managed a few QTCs there
(receiving JA QTCs).

Enjoyed the contest when the bands opened up. Be in the next one!

73, Bud VA7ST