[3830] WAE RTTY 9M2/G4ZFE(@9M2RPN) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 16 19:28:58 EST 2004

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 9M2/G4ZFE
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur

   80:    0     0     0     0
   40:  170   180    10   165
   20:  156   326   170   114
   15:  313   593   280   144
   10:  160   210    50    80
-------------------------------
Total:  799  1309   510   503  Total Score = 658,427

Club: BARTG

Comments:

Station - IC-756 Pro and IC-PW1 amplifier - 400W output
Antenna - Force 12 C3-S at 12m, 40m Inverted V at 15m

Very variable conditions. 40m was difficult with poor conditions. 20m closed
early to Europe. 15m and 10m were OK for periods but signals were weak. Many
QSOs were only possible due to the IC-756 Twin Peak RTTY filters which continue
to amaze me!

My first time with QTCs. At the start I had a few problems with N1MM and
couldn't send any QTCs. This mysteriously fixed itself. I still lost a few sets
of received QTCs due to "invalid format" problems with N1MM.

Towards the end of the contest I was enjoying QTCs! It was amazing to exchange
QTCs with ZX2B and 8P6SH (15,000K and 17,000K away from me respectively) on 20m
as signals were so strong.

There were some interesting short duration openings e.g. W4MYA on 15m Long Path
but sadly I was not heard.

Thank you for the QSOs.

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE