[3830] SS SSB W2NY(W2RE) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 22 06:50:41 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W2NY
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: W2RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ENY

Club: HVCDX

Comments:

W2NY is a club call and it worked great for SS. I started off great with
multiple 100+ hours between 15-20M. Best hour of 144 on 20M.
With 40M on the east coast poor Saturday night, It was off to 80M.
I thought wrong and made a BIG mistake, that pulling the legs out on my 80M
slopers would create a High angle take off. Was I WRONG. The slopers start @
100ft level.I had DX calling me telling me how loud I was in the Pacific and on
Sunday morning had VK's and ZL's calling in on 80M. LOW angle.
Its a easy fix but certainly hurt the score.

73, Ray W2RE