[3830] SS SSB W0MU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 22 12:46:57 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W0MU
Operator(s): W0MU
Station: W0MU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT

Thanks to VE4GV for the sweep late on 20m!

This was my first adventure into S02R.  Only a couple of contacts were made on
the second radio.  It was very nice being able to listen for band openings and
the competition.  Second radio was hooked up barefoot to an R8 Vertical.

No 10 meters from here. There was a small opening on Saturday but I could never
run.  15 was excellent on Saturday but another story on Sunday.

40m was very difficult the first night at the start forcing a move to 75 which
worked out.  Moved back to 40 later and had a good run there too.

Sunday started out very slow.  I could never run on any band until around 2000z.
 Found a great 20m frequency and stayed there until 0022.

The start of the contest was a mess.  A new radio and a new logging program
created some minor disasters.  Once they were eliminated if was off to the
races.  I could sure tell when I got spotted.  I felt like I was on a
dxpedition.  It was fun to be on from a rare section.

Could always use bigger and better antennas on 40 and 80 but it could have been
worse.

75-Inv V @ 60ft
40-XM240 @ 75ft
20-15-10 SteppIR 4ele @ 65ft