[3830] SS SSB WA0VBW Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 22 19:00:53 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WA0VBW
Operator(s): WA0VBW
Station: WA0VBW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Minnesota

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Had a blast - I love this contest!  Just wish I had better antennas, especially
for the low bands.  40 and 75 are tough going with only 3 watts - my eternal
gratitude to the patient ops with good ears that dug me out of the noise.  I
sometimes wonder why I do this....

Very few Canadians heard here.  10 was good on Saturday, but not much doing on
Sunday - just the same strong 6's coming through.  15 was nice - had some
"mini-runs", but of course mostly S&P.

See you in the Ten Meter Contest and NAQP with a new call.  I finally took the
(emotionally charged) leap and went for a vanity call.  (It looks like I've got
a good chance to get ND0C - a little more manageable for contesting and in
recognition of my "day job".

Station: Ten Tec Argonaut 509 with 3 el. tribander at 50 feet and dipoles.