[3830] SS SSB K4BP Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 23 08:17:52 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4BP
Operator(s): K4BP AK4ST NA4K KI4ES
Station: K4BP

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TN

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Due to Jeff's (K4BP) work schedule, we operated
the first 24 hours straight through.
(He had to go to work Sunday at 2200z)

Only one radio, no packet, and only one operator in the
shack at a time.  All of the mult's called in except VO1.

Operator schedule:
Jeff (K4BP) started the contest on 20 meters
then Tony (AK4ST) stayed until 0500z while
Jeff was busy with the family, then Jeff
pulled the night shift until 1230z when
Steve (NA4K) finally showed up, then
Jerry (KI4ES) came to finish the last 3 hours.

The new 80 meter antenna worked well, just glad
that we did not change the 40 meter dipole when
we put up the 80 meter antenna  :)

Equipment
FT-990,  AL-1200
PRO-67,  5/5 20 meter stack,  dipoles 40/80 meters.

Steve   NA4K