[3830] SS SSB K0HW SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 23 14:34:22 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SD

First time ever a SWEEP!!!  Thank You all.  My goal was to make 800 QSOs
and maybe a sweep.  Mission accomplished.  I had a hard time finding a clear
spot to set up for CQ runs on a frequency.  I did find a few and finally with an
hour and a half left on Sunday evening I was on 3870 and had been doing great on
a run for about an hour and a station moved in and wanted me to move down 2
because of a AM qso in progress on 3871.  I just gave up finally and went S&P
for the rest of the time.  It is unbelieveable how many signals fit in the ham
bands during SS and how quiet the bands get at the end.  I am now looking
forward to the CQWW CW this weekend, The 160 Meter ARRL Contest, the ARRL 10
Meter Contest and the RAC Winter Contest.

I tried a few new shortcuts this SS like a headset mic and sending part of the

exchange from the memory of the ICOM 756 PRO II. They both worked great, I will
have to add more next time.

My congratulations to Joe, W0DB at W0SD for a SUPERB job.  With as many very
active South Dakota stations on the air South Dakota should be in most if not
all of the logs.