[3830] CQWW CW VO1HE SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 19:15:03 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: St. John's, NL

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    7     4        6
   40:   32     9       16
   20:   30    11       24
   15:   40    15       32
   10:   19    11       14

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Another S&P contest for me. I picked up an FT-920 on Thursday and got it ready
for the contest on Friday. It worked quite nicely but really needs a CW filter.
Stronger adjacent signals swamped the receiver pretty well even though I used
the DSP filter to great advantage.

Heard D4B on several bands running like he was late for a very important date
HI. Anywhere between 30 and 48 wpm. Strong signal though.

Picked up a few new countries on some bands. Heard but didn't work some.

All in all a pretty good test for the new gear. Now to read the manual.

73 -- Paul VO1HE