[3830] CQWW CW VE3XD SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 28 19:37:41 EST 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3XD
Operator(s): VE3XD
Station: VE3XD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   61     9       16
   40:  212    19       59
   20:  434    29       99
   15:  375    26       90
   10:   66    16       36

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Satisfying results that are comparable to last year's. A few more Qs and a
slightly lower score. To keep the neighbor happy I had to keep the power down to
25 watts on 10 meters and then found that my 80m signal was wiping out his TV
too. This after many hours of applying filters and toroids. I'm sure 10 and 80
would have had better results but then maybe the other bands would have
suffered. So maybe it was a reasonable tradeoff, except for the lost mults.

This contest is always frustrating as we can't work our own country except for
the initial multiplier. Lots of strong VE`signals just waiting to be grabbed but
really no point. On the other hand there was lots of interesting DX and many
challenging pileups. Always a great weekend in this one.

73, Don VE3XD